If I ask you in Bahasa Indonesia “hari ini tanggal berapa?” or “sekarang tanggal berapa?”, one of these might be your answer in Bahasa Indonesia:
- Hari ini tanggal 06 Mei 2014.
- Sekarang tanggal 08 Agustus.
But, if I ask you in English: What date is today?
What will be your answer in English?
I’ve asked my friends for this, and these were the answers:
- May, 06th 2014…
- May 6th.
- May be yes, may be no…
Don’t laugh! This might be your answer, too… 😀
What is the answer?
The common use in writing date is:
- 06 May 2014 (in British English), or
- May 06, 2014 (in American English).
- 06th May (in British English), or
- May 06th (in American English).
So, British English is equal with Bahasa Indonesia or Bahasa Melayu in writing date?
Yes, it is.